Pictures done by www.ericamowellphotography.com
Friday, March 9, 2012
Riner's Birthday Party was awesome. I had the AMAZING Erica Mowell come and take pictures (www.ericamowellphotography.com) I made every decoration, and I had a blast throwing this party. I will share with you some of the things I made, and share how I made them.
1. Happy Birthday Banner. I cut out triangles out of 8X11.5 scrapbooking paper. I wrinkled the paper to make it look less like scrapbooking paper. I then cut out the letter from my cricut. I glued on the letters. I then hot glued the triangles to yarn. This was super easy, and I am thinking I will keep for future Birthday Parties.
2. I had the idea for a cpncession stand as I was trying to decide what I wanted the food to be. We had all kinds of concession stand food. Nachos, Pizza, Popcorn, Candy, Hot Dogs. I wanted a concession stand sign, so I got black poster board, and bordered it with Scrapbooking paper. I then took some chalk and wrote the food that we were having on the poster board. DO NOT spray it with anything. It will make the chalk disappear.
3. Concession Stand Signs- I Cut out circles and the words from my Cricut. I glued them onto a skewer. I then poked them into an apple.
4. Since it was a sports themed birthday party, I decided to make the presents table a place to "make bets". I made the sign with the black poster bard I messed up on when I tried to spray the concession stand sign. I bought the money from the dollar store.
5. I wanted there to be games for the bigger kids that would be at the party, so I set up little sports stations. It wasn't much because I didn't have that many older kids at the party, but I made the signs with of course my Cricut and I bought 89 cents sticks from Walmart. I put them through apples and placed the apples in a solo cup. It worked out great.
6. Become a Pro- I wanted to do something fun with pictures. I love pictures, and I wanted to make something you could take pictures with. I order cheap 2$ posters online. I then cut out the faces, and put it on a cardboard box. This was fun, and I really liked them.
7. The frames were my favorite thing I made. I loved looking through the MILLIONS of pictures to pick my favorites. I bought 1$ walmart wooden frames. I painted them 4 different colors, and then I stenciled on the pictures.
8. My cupcakes were done by the AMAZING Becky Light. They were beautiful and tasty. I cut out pictures of Riner, and then hot glued them onto skewers. Them put them into the cupcakes. The stupid cupcake liners were expensive and pretty, but they wouldn't stick to the cupcake. They were from Hobby Lobby... so be warned.
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Saturday, February 25, 2012
Wednesday, February 22, 2012
Tuesday, February 14, 2012
Saturday, February 11, 2012
Today is my baby's first birthday. His daddy had to work night shift last night, but was off last weekend, so we had his birthday party last week (Pictures from the party will come later), but we ordered this shirt for him for his party, but I didn't order it in time, and we got it too late for him to wear for the party, but he is wearing it today. He looks so cute in it. We ordered the shirt from http://www.shirtmagic.com/
We had lunch with my momma, and went to Sweet Cece's in Kingsport. The owners were there and they were soooo nice to us. We are about to go play at McDonalds. It will be the last McDonalds trip I EVER make. Last year, when riner was born, I gave up soda. I have not had one soda in 1 year. I am going to continue this tradition, but I am going to add a ban on McDonalds as well. Wish me luck.