Monday, January 2, 2012

Nonrunner's Workout

So since I need to loose that oh so annoying 30 pounds, I decided I should probably work out. My husband bought me a treadmill about 2 years ago, and I have used it on and off, but I have never stuck with it. I saw on Pintrest a 10 minute workout with incline. I did it before Christmas, and I really liked it because there was no running involved only speed walking and extreme incline. So when I went to work out tonight I decided I would tweak the 10 minute work out. Here is what I did tonight...


I thought I would compare this workout with actually running for 25 minutes. According to my Lose It app on my Iphone, If I ran for 25 minutes at the speed of 6.0 then I would have burned 286 calories. Mind you this is if I am running THE WHOLE TIME! With this workout I burned 242 calories. I know it is a little less, but hey I dont have to run for ABOUT the same amount of calories. Now this is not an easy workout. Your legs burn like crazy, which I take to mean my legs are "toning up". Which I could use :) I try as much as possible to not hold on to the treadmill (because Bob on the Biggest Loser said it is bad), but when you get to the really high incline it is really hard not to. I hope you try it and like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment